Are you looking to host an academic event for students, faculty or other scholars? In addition to Undergraduate Discussion Colloquia and Book Clubs, IHS offers Academic Event Support for faculty interested in organizing events and programs that are open to a wider audience and may not fit into the traditional program models.
IHS welcomes Academic Event Support applications for any and all academic events. Please note, support is limited and will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Example events include but are not limited to:
- Special guest lectures, panel discussions, or interviews*
- Workshops and Seminars (teaching online, academic publishing, etc.)*
- Small-scale academic conferences*
Academic Event Support Application Process
Applicants can submit their proposed event using the application form below. An IHS representative will reach out to you within five business days to collect any remaining details
IHS reviews completed applications on a rolling basis and the application must include the following:
- Two potential dates
- A line-item budget detailing the event expenses requiring funding
- Essay of 300 words or less explaining how the proposed project or activity will advance the discussion or study of classical liberal ideas
- Essay of 300 words or less describing your proposed event format and event goals.
- If the event includes speakers or discussion leaders, they must align with IHS’s speaker guidelines
- Feel free to attach any additional information and upload the file into the application.
Events must be academic in nature and serve an academic audience. Applications requesting logistical support must be submitted at least 60 days prior to the proposed event. Applications requesting financial support only must be submitted at least 45 days prior to the proposed event. We do not grant retroactive funding.
*Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the uncertainty surrounding the fall semester, all programs will take place remotely for the time being. IHS remains committed to providing excellent programming and support–whether in-person or online.