The Institute for Humane Studies is the leading institute in higher education dedicated to championing classical liberal ideas and the scholars who advance them.
At IHS, we believe the principles of the classical liberal tradition – including individual liberty and responsibility, limited government, economic freedom, the rule of law, free speech, and open inquiry – are the foundation of a just and prosperous world. And we believe that for those ideas to take root, they must be taught, explored, and challenged in higher education.
That’s why we have built the foremost network of scholars across the country who are leading the advancement of classical liberal principles.
Are you searching for new ways to present your ideas and collaborate with colleagues?
Don’t let financial constraints hold you back.
Awarded on a rolling basis, IHS’s Hayek Fund can support academic research and career advancing activity for PhD students and junior faculty.
The Hayek Fund can help pay for activities including, but not limited to:
- Presentations at academic or professional conferences
- Travel to academic job interviews on a campus or at professional/academic conferences
- Travel to archives or libraries for research
- Submission of unpublished manuscripts to journals or book publishers
- Participation in career-development or enhancing seminars
- Collaborative research projects with a faculty member and aspiring academic
- Purchase of data sets necessary for research
- Hire a professor to review an article you are trying to publish
- Hire a professor for job market support including application review, mock job interviews, etc.
- Cover PhD program application fees
Apply for the IHS Hayek Fund today using the link below: