Are you searching for new ways to present your ideas and collaborate with colleagues? Don’t let financial constraints hold you back.
At IHS, we believe the principles of the classical liberal tradition – including individual liberty and responsibility, limited government, economic freedom, the rule of law, free speech, and open inquiry – are the foundation of a just and prosperous world. And we believe that for those ideas to take root, they must be taught, explored, and challenged in higher education.
Awarded on a rolling basis, IHS’s Hayek Fund for Scholars can support academic research and career advancing activity for PhD students and faculty. The Hayek Fund can help pay for activities including, but not limited to:
- Presentations at academic or professional conferences
- Travel to academic job interviews on a campus or at professional/academic conferences
- Travel to archives or libraries for research
- Submission of unpublished manuscripts to journals or book publishers
- Participation in career-development or enhancing seminars
- Collaborative research projects with a faculty member and aspiring academic
- Purchase of data sets necessary for research
- Hire a professor to review an article you are trying to publish
- Hire a professor for job market support including application review, mock job interviews, etc.
- Cover PhD program application fees
Please send any questions regarding the Hayek Fund for Scholars to HayekFund@TheIHS.org.