Three times a year, IHS welcomes interns to support our various teams. These internships are either through the IHS Harper Internship Program, or more regularly through an arrangement with the Koch Internship Program.
Below are the IHS departments that regularly offer internship opportunities. For current openings and application instructions, please see both the IHS and Koch Internship Program site.
- Academic Talent Development: The Academic Talent Development team provides educational and career development programming for undergraduate and graduate students interested in academic careers.
- Academic Networks: The Academic Networks team focuses on the programming and support that IHS offers to university faculty, academics, and allies.
- Development: The IHS Development team builds and strengthens relationships with IHS supporters, connecting donors with opportunities to contribute to IHS’s mission and reporting back on the successes those investments make possible..
- Events: The Events team coordinates all programs that are sponsored by IHS.
- Hiring and Professional Development: The Hiring and Professional Development team is responsible for all aspects relating to human resources and employee professional development at both the Institute for Humane Studies and the Mercatus Center, the sister organization.
- Information Technology: The IT team provides hardware, software, programming, and help desk assistance to all employees and programs at both the Institute for Humane Studies and Mercatus, the sister organization.
- Marketing and Communications: The Marketing and Communications team tells the story of IHS and our programs across many communications channels and serves as the advocate for our audiences (undergraduates, grad students, and faculty).
- On-Campus Education: The On-Campus Education team takes classical liberal educational programs to students across the US in the form of debates, lectures, book clubs, seminars, and more!
- Online Programs: The Online Programs team is responsible for creating educational and entertaining content about the ideas of liberty for college students through Learn Liberty.
You are welcome to apply for more than one opportunity. Competitive candidates have a demonstrated interest in and enthusiasm for the ideas of liberty and the principles of a free society. Check out What is “Libertarian”?, one of over 300 Learn Liberty videos, to jump start your learning. Questions regarding internships at IHS? Contact jobs@theIHS.org.