Am I eligible?
The Roger Pilon Fellowship is open to full-time students who will be enrolled at Columbia University’s School of General Studies, beginning with the 2018-2019 academic year. Preference will be given to students who plan to pursue academic or legal careers in political philosophy, American history, economics, or libertarian public-interest law. Veterans of our armed forces will receive special consideration.
What do I need to complete the application?
- A completed online application form
- CV or resume
- Official transcript from Columbia University’s School of General Studies (prospective students may submit most recent transcript from a previous institution)
- One letter of recommendation (sent from the recommender directly to the Institute for Humane Studies)
- Biographical sketch (<500 words)
- Short essays on the following:
- List four books or thinkers that have influenced your worldview, and explain why. (<100 words each)
- Explain how your career plans advance the ideas of the classical liberal/libertarian tradition. (<500 words)
- Does the US Constitution protect personal and economic liberties alike? (<1,000 words)
- Applications for the 2018-2019 academic year will be open March 19 – March 30, 2018
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.